How I came to realize that TMobile is the cheapest and best Cell Phone Carrier in the USA, that provides the biggest bang for your bucks.
My monthly Cell Phone bill has taken quite a steep downward turn after I switched to TMobile One Plan. I am on one of the best plans available and I pay less than 20$ a month (30$ if I use more than 2GB of LTE). The plan is not grandfathered as of 2018/March/06. The following are what I receive:
- Unlimited 4G LTE smartphone data
- Unlimited Talk & Text
- Free Netflix Standard Subscription
- Scam ID
- T-Mobile Tuesday Benefits
- Other benefits I am unaware of around in flight wifi and international roaming.
If you have following, you can follow my hack and get your monthly payments down to ridiculously low amounts:
- Good Credit Score
- 08 – 10 Lines. (Trusted family/friends who will pay you back timely)
- A little bit of patience
How to get on this amazing plan:
1. Get the T Mobile One Family Plan. The Plan costs are 130$ for first 2 lines. 25$ per line for 6 lines after that. 30$ for last 2 lines. All taxes are included so no surprise charges.
- With 8 Lines the cost per line = (130 + (25*6)) / 8 = 35$ per line
- With 10 Lines the cost per line = (130 + (25*6) + (30*2)) / 10 = 34$ per line
2. TMobile has auto pay discount of 5$ off per line up to 40$. You must log into their site and enable auto pay.
- With 8 Lines the cost per line = 35$ – 5$ = 30$
- With 10 Lines the cost per line = 34$ – (40/10) $ = 30$
3. Once this is done, log into account settings and enable Kickback on every line. So, if any line does not use 2GB of data in the current billing cycle, they will get 10$ off in the next cycle.
- Cost per line = 30$ – 10$ = 20$
4. Call the customer care (They hardly have wait times and they are amazing and helpful folks) and check if there are any extra costs per line. There will at least be 1 extra feature on at least one line. Ask them to disable everything that will cost you extra bucks. You are now set.
Few things to Note:
1. There will be Initial set up costs.
2. Kickback will start only from Month 02.
3. The coverage isn’t that great if you travel into wilderness a lot. No complains in cities. Their recent bandwidth purchase gives me hope that the coverage is getting better.
4. T Mobile Tuesday – Freebies, Coupons, Fuel Discounts, Free Movie Rentals etc easily add up to over 20$ a month. But I do not use all of them and maybe get 10$ of benefit a month.
5. Corporate discount doesn’t work on this plan (I tried. Else I would have had an extra 20% off).
6. They also occasionally have Buy One – Get One free offers on the most amazing phones (but that is a blog for another day)
7. They provide free signal boosters if your residence does not have enough T-Mobile bandwidth.
I have been using T Mobile for over 3 years now ( 6 Months on prepaid, 2 years on Simple One Now-Grandfathered Plan and the rest with TMobile One). I have had no complains and highly recommend this cell phone carrier.